SMS Quality Process
- Raw material undergoes several ‘regular’ tests.
- In addition to these tests, SMS tests the purity of the diamond prior to processing to Micron specification.
- Where diamond is found to have signs of static, static mitigation processing takes place.
- Finally, the diamond is packed and sent for crushing.
- Characteristics of crystal individually graded, allowing for accurate matching of samples.
Methods of observing size distribution
- Area equivalent circle diameter is to place a circle over the particle and measure the diameter.
- Feret Diameter is to place a rectangle over the particle and measure the shortest distance.